Saturday, January 14, 2012

Go West.

My mom could have absolutely done the Oregon trail thing. Seriously. She and I packed up my Saturn on January 4th and headed in a general North-Westernly direction with the purpose of dropping me off at my new life in Washington State.

Per the mental rules of my "2012 One picture Per Day" endeavor, I can't post more than...well....one picture per day. But that doesn't mean I can't showcase some of the extras here:
The car top carrier I bought began to fall apart after less than 2 hours on the road. Ergo- ratcheting straps. And lots of them.
Favorite States we crossed- Utah and Wyoming hands down. No offense Idaho, but your landscape along route 80 could do with a little sprucing.
Wyoming had such cheap gas! $2.65 was the lowest we saw.
My mom totally ate a Buffalo Burger here.
We drove through the Columbia Gorge at sunrise on our final stretch through Oregon. It was my turn at the wheel so I begged my mom to at least shoot a couple pictures for me. Merits a trip back for sure.

1 comment:

  1. There's not much better than a drive west.

    Appreciated your comment on my post - glad to have helped in some miniscule way.

    ReplyDelete