Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 in Photos

I could really echo my friend Sarah in attesting that, 2011, you were a mighty disjointed year for me. 2011 was characterized by periods of extreme activity contrasted with extreme boredom. Certain months were totally packed with different happenings, while for others I can't for the life of me recall what I did for 30 days. Some extreme accomplishment, balanced with weeks of helplessly frozen frustration while I searched for the next move. Nevertheless, an important year! Reminisce with me!
JANUARY
March for Life in DC for the first time!
Well known: Christmas is my first favorite holiday. Less well-known: My second favorite holiday is in late January and it celebrates a pair of Canadian lovebirds named Ken and Mary. And Claire was there!

FEBRUARY / MARCH
Only too true: February and March are kind of a blur for me. I know I made a movie. While also enrolled in 18 class credits and acting as assistant co-ordinator of my household. My memories have become this one long streak of scribbled notes on the back of scripts and hauling a 30 pound tripod all over campus while filming in every weather condition Eastern Ohio could throw at me. Thank God I have a copy of the DVD and this ONE and only photo of me and Jackie filming under an umbrella taken by a friend with a cellphone. Proves the whole thing actually happened.
Ahem. Filming The Pardoning. He looks how I felt.

APRIL
My two dear ones turn 21 within a day of each other. Inciting even MORE reasons to drink in my on-campus apartment. Cause we really needed them.
Easter at Franciscan. So Epic. And Claire was there!
Final Household retreat!

MAY
My student film ENDS and "premieres" and I mostly hold it together.
BFT officially PAINTS our common room in time for me to say goodbye to household and I mostly hold it together.
Do what I've been attempting to do for FIVE years now and GRADUATE WITH MY BACHELORS. MOSTLY HOLD IT TOGETHER.

JUNE
Spend my first few weeks as a free, fully educated woman of the world picking berries at a local farm for $5 a bucket with my little brother. Welcome home to Arkansas.

JULY
Fave city in the world for the Fourth: the Lou.
I do NOT know why the date reads 2006 on this picture. I really dont.

AUGUST
August was like a year in itself.
VSC Reunion meets Ocean City, Maryland.
Wild times ensue.
Only topped by a ten day trip back to California for my cousin Katie's wedding that still makes my heart expand on mere memory.
Pizza and so much more. With this crowd.

SEPTEMBER
I awkwardly teach, turn 24, and look for serious employment while in Mountain Home, Arkansas. Here illustrated is one of those three things.

OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
One month in Washington does not a Pacific Northwestern-er make. I did get to see some mountains over Thanksgiving though.
More to come. I feel confident in that much.

DECEMBER
Home. Christmas. Family. In Arkansas! Despite all evidence pointing against it, we stayed home together for Christmas this year and had a damn good time doing it. Here we are hiking near the Buffalo River a few days before New Years.

2 comments: