Wednesday, December 10, 2014

8-10

No Picture for #7! I forgot!

Human trafficking isn't just an international problem. Here's a really interesting article from my fellow participant Emily, clearing up misconceptions about human trafficking, especially as it exists in my home state of California.

Profits from human trafficking- including forced labor and prostitution, number more than $150 billion per year. While the majority of trafficking takes place in Asia, California is identified as the #1 destination for trafficking in America. One third of California victims are minors.

As of today, I'm more than halfway to my fundraising goal! Any little bit helps. In a season where Americans are spending SO much on gifts that may never be used, $10 can go toward changing someone's life. Please join me in this important cause!

https://support.dressemberfoundation.org/fundraise?fcid=382290

No comments:

Post a Comment